Any office of Fair Trading (OFT) routinely issues public warnings centered on information we get. Frauds may be reported quantity of various ways, according to the sort of scam additionally the result you're looking for.
Inform us about a fraud
You can report it if you have spotted a scam and just want to let someone know.
Office of Fair Trading
Utilize the consumer problem kind to report these kinds of frauds to OFT:
- travelling con men, whom provide bitumen laying, tree lopping along with other house upkeep services
- vehicle boot traders, frequently offering equipment that is electronic purchase in public areas like automobile areas
- health insurance and scams that are medical like wonder remedies for cancer tumors
- pyramid selling schemes
- prices and marketing frauds.
Give just as much information as you're able to, such as for instance:
- time and date
- description of the trader and their vehicle, including the registration number if it is known by you
- whatever they stated or offered you.
Report these kinds of frauds to Scamwatch:
- fake competitions and awards
- investment or schemes that are get-rich-quick like recreations wagering
- inheritance or economic windfall scams
- up-front re re payments frauds, like false billing or overpayment that is cheque
- dating and love frauds.
The Scamwatch web site has additional information on these types of frauds.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission utilize the reports designed to Scamwatch observe market styles and educate consumers about avoiding frauds.
Australian Cyber Protection Centre
It to the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) if you are a victim of a cybercrime, report.